Lower Shore Workforce Alliance celebrated the graduation of its Fundamentals of Construction class on June 16th, 2023. Upon program completion, graduates participated in a recognition ceremony followed by a reception allowing them the opportunity to network and schedule interviews with regional employe
The Lower Shore 4E Partnership envisions a community where businesses and job seekers come together to strengthen the workforce in Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties through implementing strategies that address four essential E’s:
- ENGAGE – Engaging Businesses and Job Seekers through marketing, virtual and in-person job fairs, easy online applications and reaching out to businesses to listen to their needs and adapt programming to address those needs.
- EMPLOY – Increasing employment opportunities by offering re-employment incentives to assist businesses in filling positions, online job readiness training for job seekers and businesses, career counseling, job fairs and recruitment events.
- EDUCATE – Training tuition funding and completion incentive awards toward earning a professional credential and obtaining employment Coaching for those enrolled in online trainings to support achieving learning success. Full access to SkillUp™ Lower Shore to explore career paths and enroll in any of over 5,000 courses.
- EQUIP – Assisting job seekers, employees and business in addressing barriers to employment, including transportation assistance, referrals to appropriate social service providers, assisting a business set up an apprenticeship program or on the job training program to upskill current employees.
SkillUp® Lower Shore initiative is available to help residents take charge of their futures and prepare to get back to work. Offering virtual career services, SkillUp® Lower Shore can help workers improve their employability by offering free and unlimited access to more than 5,000 high-quality online training courses for 180 days.
SkillUp® Lower Shore enables users to demonstrate the kind of initiative employers are looking for by upgrading their skills – even while some traditional means remain inaccessible due to the current environment. Through SkillUp® Lower Shore, the Metrix online learning platform provides unlimited access to more than 5,000 Skillsoft courses – the same courses used by most Fortune 500 companies to train their own employees. Courses (presented in English and Spanish) include:
· Customer Service; Quick Books
· Microsoft Office; Adobe
· Analytical Skills; Data Management/Reporting
· Time Management; Leadership Skills
· Health & Safety; First Aid
· And many more skill tracks
For residents interested in pursuing an industry-recognized certification, SkillUp® Lower Shore offers over 100 certification training tracks.
To review the course catalog and to get your free online learning license, visit http://lowershoreajc.skillupamerica.org/ today!
If you are interested in further career services, please reach out to Lower Shore Workforce Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.